Please read the following information in full before starting any sessions
By watching, reading, or engaging with the information, videos, blog posts and other material provided by Professor Pilates, you are acknowledging and agreeing you have read and understood the following.
It is recommended that you discuss with your GP or Health Professional before commencing any new exercise programme.
We recommend that you commence with beginner exercises initially, taking the foundation options before progressing to more advanced options. Different levels will be demonstrated within each programme and you are advised to work to a level that you feel comfortable with and not progress the exercises until you feel ready. It is important to realise that you should stop whenever you wish, especially if you feel tired or any discomfort.
None of the exercises should cause you to experience any pain. If you experience pain from any of the exercises you should stop immediately.
With exercise, there exists the possibility of certain dangers such as abnormal blood pressure, fainting, irregular/fast or slow heart rhythm. It is impossible to predict the body’s exact response to exercise, therefore if you have any medical issues these need to be discussed with the appropriate Healthcare Professional before commencing the program.
All exercises are undertaken at your own risk and Professor Pilates or its affiliates cannot be held responsible for any injuries.
Do NOT undertake the exercises available online if any of the following applies to you:
- A Doctor or other Healthcare Professional has ever informed you that you should refrain from exercising or undertaking Pilates for any reason.
- A Doctor or other Healthcare Professional has ever informed you that you have a heart condition or that you should only exercise under the direct supervision of a Doctor or other Healthcare Professional.
- You are suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure or low blood pressure.
- You are suffering from any undiagnosed pain or are generally feeling unwell.
- You have undergone any surgery in the past 6 months or have any injuries.
- You are under the care of a consultant or Healthcare Professional, and have not discussed the impacts of Pilates to you, with them.
- You have any joint or muscular issues that may be aggravated by exercise.
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or lactating
This is not an exhaustive list and you acknowledge and understand that any physical exercise can expose the risk of serious injury. We strongly advise that if you are unsure if Pilates is suitable for you, you seek medical advice before starting the programme.
By accessing our online classes/videos, you are agreeing to the following:
You voluntarily assume all risks, known and unknown, associated with exercises taught and demonstrated by Professor Pilates. You acknowledge that the use of online classes is NOT designed to replace any medical advice nor replace the need to seek medical advice and that any information is for educational purposes only.
Professor Pilates can assume no responsibility for any online exercise program followed at home as exercises are not directly supervised.
By use of our content, you acknowledge that you hereby waive, release and forever discharge Professor Pilates their respective heirs, directors, officers, agents, employees, representatives, successors, administrators, executors and all others (referred to collectively as Professor Pilates for the duration of this text), from any and all responsibilities or liability from injuries or damages resulting from or connected with your participation in any of the Professor Pilates exercise programs produced by us (including newsletters and or e-mails, blog posts and videos) for any reason.
By accessing our videos and classes you are hereby agreeing that you have read, understood, and accept the terms and conditions listed above.